Author Topic: Is 200 mg too much for Testosterone Cypionate?  (Read 13334 times)

henngiss

• View Profile
Is 200 mg too much for Testosterone Cypionate?
« on: April 19, 2013, 05:25:41 am »
That is funny pole, I had my first injection yesterday at the doctor's office.  I tried to do it myself, but had the nurse finish the job.  My wife may nee to do it for me.  My wife loves me and she would not hurt me, but for some reason the same thought crosses my mind.  What if she if mad at me?  But the topicals are not working for me, so I need to try the injections.  I also have concerns now (thank you Sam for the info) about the topicals in general.  Where does all that T go anyhow, if you absorb only 10%?  I have bcbs like Ken, and the $10/month copay is a big draw for me as well.  The plan is to inject weekly, at 200mg per injection.  Is that dosage high?  I thought 100-150mg was more common?  Sorry I don't mean to take over your thread

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Is 200 mg too much for Testosterone Cypionate?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 09:20:30 am »
That is funny pole, I had my first injection yesterday at the doctor's office.  I tried to do it myself, but had the nurse finish the job.  My wife may nee to do it for me.  My wife loves me and she would not hurt me, but for some reason the same thought crosses my mind.  What if she if mad at me?  But the topicals are not working for me, so I need to try the injections.  I also have concerns now (thank you Sam for the info) about the topicals in general.  Where does all that T go anyhow, if you absorb only 10%?  I have bcbs like Ken, and the $10/month copay is a big draw for me as well.  The plan is to inject weekly, at 200mg per injection.  Is that dosage high?  I thought 100-150mg was more common?  Sorry I don't mean to take over your thread

I split this thread out to answer your latter question and some of the other guys may have comments. 

Yes, 100-150 mg is more common.  Are you a big guy by any chance?  That's still pretty high I would think so get monitored pretty soon if you can afford it.
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.  There are potential risk with HRT:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_risks.aspx.
My Health History: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/My_Health_Story.aspx.
And check out my new Peak Testosterone Program on the right side of my home page: http://www.peaktestosterone.com.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 09:53:43 am »
I'm on 150mg/week and getting the follow up BW done this coming Wed which is 5th day of cycle (I inject Friday mornings).  I will see where things fall then.

I am 6' 1" and 208 pounds at 13% BF and weight train intensely 3 to 4 times a week with heavy weights.  Trying to reach 17.5in guns!  Currently at a legit 17in.  Anyway the only reason I mention this is that since I've been on TRT for a couple of months I have been getting stronger and bigger and turning up the total output in the gym.  At times even with the 150mg I feel drained like I did before TRT.  I'm wondering if training hard to build lean mass causes you to consume more of the supplemental T.  Peak, perhaps you can answer this?

Well if my numbers are not at least in the 600's on Wed I am going to request that my doc raises me to 200mg.  We will see and I will let you know. It is also much more convenient in terms of shot preparation.  Pulling out .75CC from the 1CC vile leaves me with having to pull the remaining .25CC out of the 3 vials for the 4th shot of the month.  BCBS as you know will only cover the 1CC vials and won't prescribe beyond a months supply.  So the 10CC vials are not an option unless you want to pay out of pocket (~$100)

As far as your question as it relates to you, it does seem like 200mg/week right out of the gate is a bit high.  You should probably get follow up BW done within 30 days max and also look at your E2 levels.  You might end up on low dosage Arimidex like many of us.
Wt: 210lb
Ht: 6'1"
BF% 12.5

henngiss

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 05:45:55 am »
I am 6'2" and 195 lbs.  I might ask if I can inject less next time, maybe 160mg.  The injection site was painless the first day, but it started hurting yesterday afternoon.  The nurse said I need to try not to tense up when the needle is going in.  I am hoping I will get somewht used to the shot and it won't bother me so much in the future.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 08:09:17 am »
I am 6'2" and 195 lbs.  I might ask if I can inject less next time, maybe 160mg.  The injection site was painless the first day, but it started hurting yesterday afternoon.  The nurse said I need to try not to tense up when the needle is going in.  I am hoping I will get somewht used to the shot and it won't bother me so much in the future.

Wait - have you been tested on the higher dosage?  You should see what your readings are imo (T and E2), right?
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.  There are potential risk with HRT:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_risks.aspx.
And check out my new Peak Testosterone Program on the right side of my home page: http://www.peaktestosterone.com.

henngiss

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 07:21:46 am »
The injection last Thursday morning was my first ever and was 200mg.  My next injection will be next Thursday.  I was thinking I should wait about a month before getting blood work done.  My insurance pays 100% for blood work, so cost is not a factor.  Also, I think my Urologist will order most any blood work I request at most any time.  Do you recommend getting tested earlier?  When would you get the test done, towards the end of the injection cycle, just before the next injection is scheduled?  I felt terrible yesterday, but I do feel better so far this morning.  I should probably stay on the treatment for a while before drawing any conclusions.

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 07:47:51 am »
200mg isn't too much. I'm at 300mg per week. At 150mg I was getting a little dip at the end of the week. At 300mg, I'm rock solid all week. I've even gone 9 days without an injection and I didn't feel anything like I used to when i was at 150. It's not like a superhuman effect or anything. I have normal human male strength and everything else is completely normal. I don't have any of the symptoms I used to. I sleep 8 hours a night and then I wake up on my own. I used to sleep 12 hours when my testosterone was in the 300's and I'd feel tired if I slept 6-8 hours and it was hard to wake up. Now I just wake up and have energy.
My strength came up about 10-20% and then it's stayed right about there actually. So like I said, it's not superhuman strength. I can bench my own bodyweight maybe 10 times. So like I said, it's not too much. I've had my clotting factor tested too and it's normal. My red blood cell count hasn't shot up or anything yet.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 11:15:20 am »
200mg isn't too much. I'm at 300mg per week. At 150mg I was getting a little dip at the end of the week. At 300mg, I'm rock solid all week. I've even gone 9 days without an injection and I didn't feel anything like I used to when i was at 150. It's not like a superhuman effect or anything. I have normal human male strength and everything else is completely normal. I don't have any of the symptoms I used to. I sleep 8 hours a night and then I wake up on my own. I used to sleep 12 hours when my testosterone was in the 300's and I'd feel tired if I slept 6-8 hours and it was hard to wake up. Now I just wake up and have energy.
My strength came up about 10-20% and then it's stayed right about there actually. So like I said, it's not superhuman strength. I can bench my own bodyweight maybe 10 times. So like I said, it's not too much. I've had my clotting factor tested too and it's normal. My red blood cell count hasn't shot up or anything yet.

Everyone is different.  What is your body weight?  And have you measured your T levels post 300mg?

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 10:03:56 pm »
Everyone is different.  What is your body weight?  And have you measured your T levels post 300mg?

Yep everyone is different. Some guys get no effect from it and some guys get a great effect. I'm overdue for my appointment to check my levels. I'm really curious to see how it's been going.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

JustAskin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 07:23:09 am »
You might want to get your E2 tested,
I use 75mg per week and that keeps my T at 700 and my E2 at 23.
When I was taking 120mg per week I had trouble keeping E2 in check and had to use AI inhibitor.

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 08:19:02 am »
I started at 200mg/wk, after 3 months I reduced it to 180mg/wk. Had BW 3 months after that and it was 1056 at my low point of the week. Doc reduced me to 100mg/wk and I've been on that dosage for a few weeks now. I still feel pretty dang good but will give it 3-4 more weeks before more BW. I'm still trying to decide what feels better, its different... but in a good different way.

I think the bottom line is you have to experiment at different dosage levels and give it enough time to compare how you feel. And also keep it within a reasonable physiological range. If you feel good at a lower level, it's probably a good idea to not run at super high levels.

Btw, if the shots are causing you pain afterwards, try a smaller gauge needle. I use a 25 gauge 1" needle and rarely feel much effects during or after the injection. When I first started, the nurse was using a 22 ga. needle, 1 1/2" long and I would feel sore for a day or two afterwards. Not that bad, but why use a fat needle if you don't need it?
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 09:16:03 am »
Btw, if the shots are causing you pain afterwards, try a smaller gauge needle. I use a 25 gauge 1" needle and rarely feel much effects during or after the injection. When I first started, the nurse was using a 22 ga. needle, 1 1/2" long and I would feel sore for a day or two afterwards. Not that bad, but why use a fat needle if you don't need it?

Only impatience, eh?

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 09:49:24 am »

Only impatience, eh?

Exactly! I told my urologist that I changed my needle gauge to the smaller 25 and he was surprised I could push it through. I told him it was no problem but it took me maybe 10 seconds longer. IMO, slow is good vs explosive fluid pressure into the muscle tissue.

Some day I will try a 27 gauge as I've read of others who do this with no problem.
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 10:09:09 am »

Some day I will try a 27 gauge as I've read of others who do this with no problem.

27?  Never heard of anyone using that.  Bet you don't even feel that!