Author Topic: Cypionate injections - when do you feel the results?  (Read 4696 times)

Kwn

• View Profile
Cypionate injections - when do you feel the results?
« on: July 19, 2013, 10:55:42 am »
I am had an injection of 50 mg cypionate 48 hours ago.  So far no noticeable changes happened, not even a 'rush'.  I know that T peaks around 48-72 hours, and peak by itself does not mean much, it is necessary that cells respond to androgen.

Guys on cypionate, in your experience, when did you feel notiecable changes - libido, energy, mood?  Some forums say in can take anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks to see results.  What was your experience?

Sam

• View Profile
Re: Cypionate injections - when do you feel the results?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 11:02:13 am »
Hi Kwn,

I noticed an improvement in mental energy within hours and became more decisive(mood and behavior) within a day or so.   A significant impact on energy levels came on about 2-3 days in and lasted about 8-9days.   This is based on my first shot and only 100mg biweekly.  By day 10 I was feeling less sharp again and started to feel slightly more tired.  Interestingly, right around day 13 I totally bonked again on both mental and physical.
7/6/12   - T Levels Total 154/ Free 4.5; PSA 1.7
Life Sucked!  Focused on losing weight and lifestyle changes.
1/31/13  - 292/5.4; C 5.0; SHBG 17.8
3/25/13  - 329/7.4; C 11.8, E2 23; PSA <0.5
Started TRT
7/5/13 - T Cyp - 100mg biweekly IM
7/26/13 Midpt - 228/5.4 - move to 100mg/wk
8/29/13 - Trough - 219/39.5; Cort 11.3
8/30/13 - Peak - >1500/>52; E2 101; PSA 1.8
 - Proved IM injections were cleared too quickly.   Low SHBG is often a clearance issue!
- Move to subQ 30mg EOD solved all issues except fatigue.  T levels consistently 500-600 E2 20-40
Dec-13 - Switched to Clomid 50mg 2x/wk.  finally settled on 12.5mg EOD
Jan-14 - Stopped Clomid - Clomid Sucks!
Went back 30mg EOD SubQ + Berberine 500mg 2X/day which finally cured fatigue issues.    SHBG in the 20-22 range and as expected as SHBG has increased T clearance has decreased.  T levels are now consistently in the 700-900 range with E2 in the 20-30 range.  BF 7-10%  Family Life Great, Work Great!  Mind/Body Great!!  You can do it to!

adam1973

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 11:06:15 am »
I really didnt notice anything till I was about 3 weeks into therapy. I inject 100mg per week.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 11:11:31 am »
I am had an injection of 50 mg cypionate 48 hours ago.  So far no noticeable changes happened, not even a 'rush'.  I know that T peaks around 48-72 hours, and peak by itself does not mean much, it is necessary that cells respond to androgen.

Guys on cypionate, in your experience, when did you feel notiecable changes - libido, energy, mood?  Some forums say in can take anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks to see results.  What was your experience?

Mentally I noticed the results right away on cypionate.  I believe it was a couple days later that the morning erections started happening, but i"m not positive about that.  Mental fog and decreased anxiety went away almost right away - within a couple of days.  Everyone is different though.

Also, the peak that I mentioned comes from what my HRT clinic says.  They said that you peak four days after injection.  Of course, it's not perfect:  I'm sure some guys peak at 3 days and some at 5.  But no one has ever measured me specifically to see when I peak...
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.  There are potential risk with HRT:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_risks.aspx.
My Health History: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/My_Health_Story.aspx.
And check out my new Peak Testosterone Program on the right side of my home page: http://www.peaktestosterone.com.

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 11:17:34 am »
For the most part I am interested in the libido department - this is big one for me.  Ken and jinNE, you are the recent champions, can you relate to this question?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:33:40 am by Kwn »

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 11:42:03 am »
Hi Kwn,

I went off HCG and had a pellete work it's way out at the beginning of this month, so I'm a bit rocky on results. I have follow-up on Tuesday, and I think I'm going to go back on HCG. I was feeling fantastic on the shots until about the 2nd week this month, and my appetite has increased and I've gained some weight. Knowing that HCG is involved in weight-loss programs, I'm curious if they are related.

All that said, my libido is a bit interesting at the moment. I'm not wanting it all of the time, but I find that I can get excited far more/faster than I could before. So, I'm not chasing the wife around the house, but having great sex about 3 times a week. I noticed this within a few weeks of starting the shots. I'm hopeing the HCG or an increase in Cyp (though I'm at 160 a week) will give me that little bit more oopth I had at the end of June. But overall, I can't camplain in the libido department. In fact, it's close to a good balance where I want it, but I'm not thinking about it constantly. In my teens and through my early 20s, I suspect my T was jacked because sex was ALL I thought about, all the time. I do not want to get back to those levels. I wouldn't mind masterbating a few times a week (used to be every day until from 13 to 35, and now maybe once every few weeks).

It's all about the balance... :)

I know this info is all over - I hope some if it has value to you or gives you hope. Things to get better...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:18:40 pm by jinNE »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 11:50:21 am »
In fact, it's close to a good balance where I want it, but I'm not thinking about it constantly.
Amen.
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.  There are potential risk with HRT:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_risks.aspx.
My Health History: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/My_Health_Story.aspx.
And check out my new Peak Testosterone Program on the right side of my home page: http://www.peaktestosterone.com.

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 11:56:07 am »
JinNE, thank you!  That does give hope.  My mistake when I went on pellets was to expect miracle to happen on day 2, so little did I know about pharmacokinetics, estrogen problem, the m-fing urologist made it sound like 'we give you T and you will feel like million bucks'.  After having tried testopel, clomid, and HCG, I am down to cypionate option, the last line of defense.  All money riding on this horse, this is why I am asking.

alienshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 02:11:05 pm »
I haven't noticed anything maybe one rush.. I have had 4 shots and I still feel like shit.. I get 400 mls every 2 weeks.. Had test done today for total I will find out next week what that is.. I am on the verge of stopping treatment pointless if it isn't gonna help me..
I have had symptoms since Sept 2011..
Blurry vision
Off feeling (brain fog) no spinning just off
Total T levels 185 with androgel 189 on shots now 5-30-13
Total T Level as of July 23rd.. 637
Still no E2 testing.

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 02:26:35 pm »
alienshadow, ar eyou on arimidex?  Do you know your estrogen levels?

alienshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 02:27:41 pm »
No I am not and no I do not know them. Had blood taken today but found out it was just for total levels of testosterone.. I am a mess and no dr cares around here..
Blurry vision
Still no E2 testing.

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 02:33:39 pm »
Look, I am no expert, just a guy who is super-desperate to find a solution.  But in my opinion if you are injecting 400 mg once every two weeks, you are loading HUGE amounts of T in your body.  It jacks up your T levels really high, and together with that your estrogen goes up.  Now, this is just a speculation, you would need to see your blood results.  If your estrogen is high, this is almost like an anti-testosterone.

Peak, would you agree with this assessment?

I was reading TRT forums lately.  A lot of them unfortunately are bodybuilders.  They shoot CRAZY amounts of stuff.  They start at 250 per week, and go as high as 1000.  You being on 200 per week (effectively) are not too far from their lower boundary.  And they all use arimidex to control estrogen.

Post your blood results when you have them, pls.

Also, who is your doctor - hormone clinic, urologist, endo, or family physician?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:35:57 pm by Kwn »

alienshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 02:36:38 pm »
I am seeing a urologist.. Don't know why he will not check the estrogen levels at this time..
Blurry vision
Still no E2 testing.

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 02:43:33 pm »
This might be a source of problems.  Amazingly official 'academic' approach to treatment is to shoot a lot, infrequently.  I do not know who came up with this idea, but they all do that.  I saw urologist first, we did not discuss injections, but he said that 'numbers will be all over the place', from which I conclude his approach is to do bi-weekly injections.  After that I saw endo, she said 200 mg once per two weeks.  Same shit.  But at least she recognized that my problem 'might be' estrogen related.  The urologist plain said 'your estrogen is fine' when mine came as 38.  I even saw one of the leading urologists from NY.  He said my problems cannot be estrogen related because E is within range.  Then later when I called him and complained about no libido, he said I dont know why your libido is low.  My job is to get your T level normalized.  This is how a lot of them see their task.

alienshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 02:45:27 pm »
There is a place here that does HRT treatment but man I don't know that I can afford them geesh..
Blurry vision
Still no E2 testing.