Author Topic: 4 hour body and increasing T naturally?  (Read 1624 times)

wholbrook

• View Profile
4 hour body and increasing T naturally?
« on: December 29, 2012, 12:41:40 pm »
Good day,

I am 43 yrs old and two years ago my T level was at 400, last year 258. Long story short after trying Androgel I quit taking any HRT. I read the 4 hour body, not sure if anyone has read this book yet but it talks about the writter going from a 200+ T level natually to over 600 by taking cold showers, taking codliver oil and fermented butter and Brazilan Nuts everyday. Is this for real?

Also if I quit all T over 7 weeks ago and I was on it prior for about 9 months, how long will it take for my body to start its own production again?

wholbrook

• View Profile
Re: 4 hour body and increasing T naturally?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:45:35 pm »
I went on injections for just a week before I decided to quit all together. I was worried about how the liver will react to the injections

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:45:35 pm »

Life Extension's Prelox (Pycnogenol + Low Dose Arginine): Life Extension - Prelox - 60 Tabs (Pack of 2)

Bob123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 01:53:32 pm »
http://criticalmas.com/2011/01/how-tim-ferriss-really-gained-34-pounds-of-muscle-in-28-days/

That's just one example but basically the 4 hour body is a crock.  I also believe I read an article that one of the example subjects Ferriss mentions was using steroids and Ferriss didn't know about it.  I can't find that article though.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 02:16:59 pm »
most people do pretty well with injections i hadnt even heard of a liver concern.  at your t level you need to do something though.  your natural t production should come back fairly soon, though it could be impaired due to testicular atrophy.  have you established that you are primary?  could always try hcg

wholbrook

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 07:21:19 pm »
I am not primary, I have a puturiary issue. Its called an empty Sella which can cause or has been linked to causing low T. I am really thinking of starting the injections. I never really gave it a chance. I started it directly after doing Androgel which gave me bad side effects like weight gain, bloating, water rentention. I then did one injection and quit. Now that I have been off for almost two months I am thinking about going right back to 1/2 ML weekly and see if it works for me. Currently I am dragging, such low energy and just feeling bla.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 09:19:27 pm »
I am not primary, I have a puturiary issue. Its called an empty Sella which can cause or has been linked to causing low T.
This is a great example as to why sometimes the natural lifestyle solutions just do not work.  You can increase sleep all you want and it is unlikely to make a big difference in the above.  Of course, you should increase sleep anyway, but you get my point.  So it's great you had a doctor who actually looked at root causes like this.

I am really thinking of starting the injections. I never really gave it a chance. I started it directly after doing Androgel which gave me bad side effects like weight gain, bloating, water rentention. I then did one injection and quit. Now that I have been off for almost two months I am thinking about going right back to 1/2 ML weekly and see if it works for me. Currently I am dragging, such low energy and just feeling bla.

A comment:

--You have to manage the estrogen / estradiol (E2) part of it all generally.  Managing this properly along with weekly or I guess even biweekly should make a big difference for you.

If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.  There are potential risk with HRT:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_risks.aspx.
My Health History: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/My_Health_Story.aspx.
And check out my new Peak Testosterone Program on the right side of my home page: http://www.peaktestosterone.com.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 09:59:24 pm »
if the issue is in the pituitary why dont you look into hcg since it mimics the LH your pituitary should be producing but isnt?

wholbrook

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 06:19:02 am »
Are you saying hcg instead of injections or in addition o injections?

I have never herd of hcg, I need to google this and get more information

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 06:19:02 am »

Hate gyms? Hate jogging? Then just use the weight of your own body: You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises

wholbrook

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 06:25:46 am »
One other note: in your experience do people on test mostly loose weight or gain weight?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 12:13:26 pm »
One other note: in your experience do people on test mostly loose weight or gain weight?

They gain muscle and lose fat...
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.  There are potential risk with HRT:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_risks.aspx.
And check out my new Peak Testosterone Program on the right side of my home page: http://www.peaktestosterone.com.

axxomarketing

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 07:19:38 pm »
Sorry to bump old thread, but I have to point out that Ferriss protocol is not "working":

[modified by moderator]

13% increase is nowhere near 300% as Ferriss claims.

http://criticalmas.com/2011/01/how-tim-ferriss-really-gained-34-pounds-of-muscle-in-28-days/

That's just one example but basically the 4 hour body is a crock.  I also believe I read an article that one of the example subjects Ferriss mentions was using steroids and Ferriss didn't know about it.  I can't find that article though.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:25:34 pm by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 07:26:12 pm »
Noted.

davie12

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 06:32:20 am »
For what it's worth I wanted to share my $0.02, as this topic has come up before with theartofmanliness.com post as well as another forum where a guy did HIIT training/diet/etc and doubled his levels.

I believe that the bloodwork verifying these stories is accurate. However, it's a matter of perspective and context. The guy in theartofmanliness admits that he was living an unhealthy existence, stressed out by work deadlines, eating/sleeping poorly, and perhaps he had gained a little weight. He might've been an otherwise healthy guy who reached an absolute low point in the high 300s before beginning dramatic lifestyle changes.

Another guy I'm familiar with in myfitnesspal.com did the same exact thing with similar results. He admitted he was depressed initially as well and the attitude change combined with dramatic lifestyle changes might've given him the necessary boost to get into normal T ranges for a young guy. Plus he changed over a 6 month period...it wasn't like an overnight type of thing.

I don't know if there is more to the Tim Ferriss story since he is known to be a self-promoter, but it's amazing what the human body can do if one develops healthy habits and implements them over just a number of months. You can lower cholesterol (even with a genetic predisposition), lose weight, gain strength, and I have no doubt, raise testosterone.
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

axxomarketing

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 08:22:33 am »
You need cholesterol to produce testosterone.

Tim Ferriss also stated that used steroids in his book, that could jack up his testosterone level.

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 09:01:58 am »
You need cholesterol to produce testosterone.

Tim Ferriss also stated that used steroids in his book, that could jack up his testosterone level.

You do not need to eat cholesterol to make testosterone. Your body is capable of synthesizing it's own cholesterol.

Quote from: Wikipedia
All animal cells manufacture cholesterol with relative production rates varying by cell type and organ function. About 2025% of total daily cholesterol production occurs in the liver; other sites of higher synthesis rates include the intestines, adrenal glands, and reproductive organs. Synthesis within the body starts with one molecule of acetyl CoA and one molecule of acetoacetyl-CoA, which are hydrated to form 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA (HMG-CoA). This molecule is then reduced to mevalonate by the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. This is the regulated, rate-limiting and irreversible step in cholesterol synthesis and is the site of action for the statin drugs (HMG-CoA reductase competitive inhibitors).
Mevalonate is then converted to 3-isopentenyl pyrophosphate in three reactions that require ATP. Mevalonate is decarboxylated to isopentenyl pyrophosphate, which is a key metabolite for various biological reactions. Three molecules of isopentenyl pyrophosphate condense to form farnesyl pyrophosphate through the action of geranyl transferase. Two molecules of farnesyl pyrophosphate then condense to form squalene by the action of squalene synthase in the endoplasmic reticulum. Oxidosqualene cyclase then cyclizes squalene to form lanosterol. Finally, lanosterol is converted to cholesterol through a 19-step process.[32][33]
Konrad Bloch and Feodor Lynen shared the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1964 for their discoveries concerning the mechanism and regulation of cholesterol and fatty acid metabolism.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 09:01:58 am »